Thursday, November 10, 2011

Before & After: Master Bathroom


A while back I mentioned that the hubs and I revamped our bathrooms and hall linen closet and I promised I would try to dig up some before and after pictures of the cabinets for you. Well, lucky for you, I found one!!! This picture makes me laugh because of our two crazy beagles...they absolutely LOVE hanging out under my vanity.

This picture does not even do our original bathroom complete justice, as we had the standard sheet mirrors in our bathrooms before this picture was taken. They were all super old and stained, so we decided those needed to go right away! We found our current bathroom mirrors at Kirkland Homes for super cheap! I think they were about $20 a pop.

Before: Yucky oak-ish looking cabinet drawers and my mismatched light wood stool from IKEA.

& After:
Why did we wait so long to do the bathrooms? I have NO idea, but I'm sure glad we did because I wouldn't have been able to follow this tutorial! The instructions were very easy and the Dunn Edwards English Brown paint is seriously amazing. It really looks expensive and it doesn't appear to be painted. I mean c'mon, take a look at this exact vanity after we updated it!

Although I don't have anymore before pictures, take a look at all of the after pictures of our master bathroom. We were amazed with how nice everything turned out!!

After: Master Bathroom

We are pretty sure that the wood paneling around our tub was "hand crafted" by the people that owned it before us. The wood was very a very light oak color with so much water damage that it was basically peeling apart. Look at it now people! It looks luxurious!

We actually bought this hardware and installed it before we painted the cabinets. Again, I really have NO idea why we waited so long to paint the cabinets.

I tried to get a shot of the full master bathroom. The tub/shower is to the left, then our sink basin, and my vanity to the right. (Please mind the creepy door handle! This picture was taken before we updated them here).


We do have a MAJOR project coming up soon! We will be starting the kitchen renovations this weekend! I CANNOT tell you how much I have been wanting to do this!!

Have a lovely day!
 
Natalie

2 comments:

  1. Isn't is crazy how EASY and what a difference a little English Brown can do? So glad you did this, it gave your home an instant facelift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is absolutely EASY and CRAZY what a difference the English Brown can do! Thanks to the tutorial you posted, it was super easy for me to do! Thanks Eppers!!!

    ReplyDelete