Thursday, December 15, 2011

Kitchen Makeover Part 4: Hinges, Knobs, & Pulls

I did a ton of research for the EXACT kitchen that I wanted. I looked at picture after picture of all different types of kitchens. I even printed out pictures of kitchens that I LOVED and hung them on my fridge so that I could stare at them every day to make sure that I wouldn’t get sick of them. Obviously, I had to compromise a little since we weren’t knocking out any walls or actually getting new cabinets. But, I must say, with all the hard work we put in and the updates we made really gave us the feel of having a new kitchen.

The hardware we picked really helped add our own personal style to our updated kitchen as well. We got the inspiration just by looking at pictures of other blogs and on Pinterest. Then, we went to Home Depot and looked at all the hardware they had in their store. We were shocked at how much hinges and hardware were, so we decided to buy everything online because we knew we could definitely find a better deal elsewhere. 

I think we were the most surprised by how much the hinges were. Our hinges were super old and gross, so we definitely needed to buy some new ones. Since we were doing black and white, we needed white hinges for the top and black hinges for the bottom. We had to buy a total of 21 pairs and at Home Depot these babies were about $2.80 a pair. We ended up finding our new hinges on eBay at $1.58 a pair, which included shipping and tax! We basically saved 40% by getting these online! 

The hardware we found at Home Depot was SUPER crazy expensive. The pulls we wanted were $6.29 a piece at Home Depot. This sounds fine, but when you have to multiply it by 5 drawers, it came out to be more than I thought and it seems kind of silly to spend over $31 on just the pulls. After searching around, we ended up finding very similar (if not better) pulls on Amazon for only $2.19 a pop. We also had to get the knobs for all 20 cabinet doors. The matching knobs at Home Depot were a whopping $2.99 a piece, but we lucked out because the seller we bought the pulls from also sold matching knobs for only $1.89 a piece.

At the end of the day, a little research went a long way!


Home Depot Online
Hinges: $58.80 $33.18
Pulls: $31.45 $10.95
Knobs: $59.80 $37.80
Totals: $150.05 $81.93

Total savings for hinges and hardware was $68.12. Not too bad, if I must say so myself!

After we put these bad boys on, the hard work will be over! I can't wait to show you guys the finished product!

Have a lovely day!
 
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment