Saturday, October 15, 2011

Harvest Burlap Banner


Arizona definitely has a hard time transitioning from summer into fall. It seems that we usually get a taste of cold-ish weather during the first week of October (and when I say "cold-ish" I mean anything under 90 degrees) and then we typically get a heat wave the second week for one last hoorah of hot weather.

Well, I think it's safe to say (or at least I'm praying it is) that we are finally getting into the Arizona fall weather! I am usually one of those people that can't start decorating for the fall until it really feels like it, but this year I just couldn't wait around for it so I decided to make a burlap harvest banner to ring in the fall weather.

I first saw this burlap banner on the Wedding Bee and since I have already had my wedding, I thought it would be so cute to turn this into one of my fall projects. The project was super easy too!

For the first part of the project, you will need:
Burlap
Stencils
Ruler
Magnum Sharpie Marker
Scissors
Triangle Template (I made mine from a piece of standard copy paper)

For the second part of the project, you will need:
A thick string or hemp
Glue Gun


Step 1:
Trace triangle template with permanent marker and ruler on burlap.


Step 2: Cut out triangles


Step 3: Lay stencil template over burlap flags and fill in with permanent marker.

Step 4:After all flags are completed, glue flag onto banner string.


Step 5: Hang burlap banner in home as your fall decoration.


This project was SUPER easy and I hope you enjoy it!


Have a lovely day!


Natalie

1 comment: