Friday, October 21, 2011

Surprise!! New Door Hardware!!


So, looks like someone guessed it right!! The surprise package we received was full of new door hardware! I know it sounds lame, like who gets this excited about door handles? Well, wait till I show you the pictures of the door handles we had for the last 5 years.

This is what ALL of our door handles looked like. Everything about these are WRONG!! They are bronze, chipped, paint splattered, crooked, and that Aztec looking design is just creepy.

This is what the new handles look like:

Before: Seriously creepy

After: Subtle but HUGE difference!


Yes, that's right my friends, we have lived in this house for 5 years and I am just updating these now! WHY?!?!? Well, I hope that's what you are asking yourself. My hubs and I moved into this house thinking we would only be here for about a year...2 years max! Well, it's 5 years later and we are still here and will most likely be here for a little while longer. We debated moving for a while, did the whole home searching thing, and decided to stay in Chandler until the time is right! I am a true believer that all things happen for a reason, so when the time is right, it will happen. In the meantime, I decided that I want to LOVE the house I live in, so why not show it some TLC!

I love, love, love the round crystal door knobs and definitely would have put those on all of the doors, but since we are going to move eventually, we decided to hold off on those until we move into our next home. Even though these handles are just the basic brushed nickel levers, they look nice and updated and are a heck of a lot better than what we had before! We had to replace a total of 9 door handles, so we went to Home Depot to scope out the handles we wanted and then did an online search for something a little less expensive. We found these handles on eBay and for all 9 sets we spent a total of $130. That comes out to about $14 a set! Super Cheap!

We have done some major projects recently like refinishing the cabinets in our master bathroom, guest bathroom, and hall linen closet (hopefully I can dig up some before pictures so you can see the transformation) We also have some major projects in the pipeline that we are getting ready to tackle (i.e. kitchen and dreaded popcorn ceilings). So, I figure in the meantime, easy updates like this will keep us motivated and on track to turning our house into a HOME we LOVE!

  Bye Bye Creepy Door Handles!

Have a lovely day!
 
Natalie

1 comment:

  1. I am totally in the same boat as you. While I would love to get super funky and creative with my house, this isn't our forever home, so I find myself having to real it in sometime. We have done the same things thoug to update and modernize our space. I think these handles look great and give a nice little face lift to the doors. Keep up the good work, I love seeing all the cool DIY projects young couples are doing, it is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete